You may be looking for:
Under the Terran Confederacy, supply depots were standard for military bases and possessed a universal design. This design was that of a low, one-story, metal-clad structure, a spacious waiting area and a counter separating said area from the storage racks on the other side. Such storage includes weapons, ammunition and even SCVs.
During the Second Great War, through research of protoss artifacts, Doctor Egon Stetmann gained insight into protoss architecture and was able to develop orbital depots—supply depots capable of being dropped from the Hyperion and surviving entry through a world's atmosphere to a point designated by a SCV-planted beacon.
The supply depot is by far one of the most important buildings in the terran tech tree. Similarly to the pylon (protoss) or the overlord (zerg), it provides "supply points" which allow for the construction of new units. Unlike overlords and pylons, however, it does not have any additional abilities.
In addition to providing supply in StarCraft II, the depot gains the ability to lower and rise from the ground. When lowered ground units may pass over it. Unlike the Perdition turret, it is not considered burrowed or hidden when lowered.
Lowers the structure into the ground so ground units may pass over it. The structure may be raised back to block pathing. Friendly units standing on the structure are pushed the nearest edge when the structure is raised. Enemy units standing on top prevent the structure from being raised.
The structure's attributes, other than blocking movement, are not changed when it is lowered.
The orbital command can target a supply depot to permanently grant it an extra 8 supply. The modified supply depots look different, but are still capable of raising and lowering themselves.
This ability is disabled during campaign play.
Wings of LibertyEdit
An SCV drops a fully constructed supply depot instantly.
We can now call down supply depots straight from orbit due to our new understanding of protoss architecture. Key point joints have been added to the supply depot's structure, allowing the supply depot to survive the violent turbulence of breaking through an atmosphere. Now an SCV simply has to place a beacon, and the crew on the Hyperion will handle the rest. 
All structures repair themselves to 50% life. All structure fires are automatically put out.
This all-in-one safety system automatically dispatches robotic drones to put out any fires and perform basic repairs on damaged structures. Although these drones are effective at doing basic repairs, they do not have a strong enough AI to perform the more delicate repairs needed to restore a structure past half life.
Heart of the SwarmEdit
Nova Covert OpsEdit
Allows SCVs to instantly deploy supply depots from orbit, eliminating their construction time.
The following section contains information from a previous version of StarCraft II which is no longer valid.
Small units could originally pass between supply depots. This was removed by September 2007.
- ↑ Underwood, Peter, Bill Roper, Chris Metzen and Jeffrey Vaughn. StarCraft (Manual). Irvine, Calif.: Blizzard Entertainment, 1998.
- ↑ McNeill, Graham (December 30, 2008). StarCraft: I, Mengsk. Simon & Schuster (Pocket Star). ISBN 978-1-4165-5083-9.
- ↑ Dietz, William C. (April 6, 2010). StarCraft II: Heaven's Devils. Simon & Schuster (Gallery Books). ISBN 978-1416-55084-6.
- ↑ Hickman, Tracy (May 21, 2002). StarCraft: Speed of Darkness. Simon & Schuster (Pocket Star). ISBN 0-671-04150-9.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Protoss research (in English). 2010.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Armory upgrades (in English). 2010.
- ↑ StarCraft. Twitter. StarCraft's Twitter page. Accessed 2013-04-10.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Mission: Nova Covert Ops, Sudden Strike (in English). 2016-03-29.
- ↑ Karune. 2007-09-14. StarCraft II Q&A - Batch 13. StarCraft II General Discussion Forum. Accessed 2007-09-14.