300px|thumb|Use during commentaries.
Terrible terrible damage is a phrase coined by Dustin Browder, and became well known during his narration of the StarCraft II demonstration matches during the game's development. It went on to become another of Blizzard's in-jokes.
Uses by BrowderEdit
Browder used the term several times in the Sonkie vs Yellow match at BlizzCon 2008 and used it again during Battle Report 2 and at the BlizzCon 2009 exhibition match. It was used as Browder's nickname at BlizzCon 2009.
The term was used so often that it was proposed as a cheat code. Browder acknowledged the mockery.
In Battle Report 3, Robert Simpson used the term. Both Browder and Simpson used similar terms in the fourth Battle Report.
In the StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty mission, "Gates of Hell", General Horace Warfield states his battlecruiser has taken "terrible, terrible damage" as it crashes.
In StarCraft II, it is the game's "god mode" cheat, and is also used during challenge levels when achieving many simultaneous kills.
The 404 error page for the Battle.net website reads: "The page you were looking for either doesn’t exist or some terrible, terrible error has occurred."
A cracked version of the StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty beta displayed "Prepare for terrible, terrible damage :)" at the start of a 1v1 match against a homebrewed AI.
In StarCraft II making seven kills with one strike during the "Covert Ops", "Psionic Assault", or "Infestation" challenges will display the message "Terrible, terrible damage!"
In the Heroes of the Storm F&Q, Blackheart's cannons are said to inflict terrible, terrible damage upon enemy fortifications.
- ↑ Blizzcon Video Archive (Sonkie vs Yellow). Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed 2008-10-19.
- ↑ Dustin Browder, Robert Simpson, Matt Cooper, David Kim. 2009-04-16. Battle Report (2). Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed 2009-04-16.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 SC2 Exhibition Match. Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed 2009-09-27.
- ↑ With all these advanced techniques you mentioned, such as focus fire (http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?pager.offset=0&cId=3172090&p=1), Will the Stalker still do Terrible, Terrible damage even without focus fire?
Also, I think Terrible Terrible damage should be a cheat in StarCraft II that makes all your units kill everything in one shot.
LOL!=) Cavez, Lolod. 2009-01-07. Question for Cavez, about the Stalker. Battle.net StarCraft II General Discussion Forum. Accessed 2009-02-01.
- ↑ Dustin Browder, Robert Simpson, Yeon-Ho Lee, David Kim. 2009-06-22. Battle Report (3). Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed 2009-06-22.
- ↑ David Kim, Yeon-ho Lee, Dustin Browder, Robert Simpson. 2009-10-21. Battle Report 4. Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed 2009-10-21.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Mission: Wings of Liberty, Gates of Hell (in English). 2010-07-27.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Achievement: Wings of Liberty, Covert Ops (in English). 2010-07-27.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Achievement: Wings of Liberty, Psionic Assault (in English). 2010-07-27.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Achievement: Wings of Liberty, Infestation (in English). 2010-07-27.
- ↑ 2013-11-08, BlizzCon 2013 – Heroes of the Storm – Fact Sheet. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2013-11-10