|The Art of Blizzard|
Insight Editions LLC
February 12, 2013
|ISBN 10 (ebook)|
Blizzard promises an exclusive look at the ideas and imagery of three game universes, including insider commentary by the authors.
Gallery Nucleus hosted “The Art of Blizzard Entertainment Book Launch and Art Exhibition,” from January – February 3, 2013. Nucleus was be home to over 50 pieces of artwork from Blizzard games, including an extensive collection of concept art from the Diablo®, StarCraft®, and Warcraft® universes. Costumed guests got in for free.
Over the past two decades, Blizzard Entertainment has had a tremendous impact on the world of games and global pop culture. From its humble beginnings as a three-person console-game development studio in 1991 to the creation of the blockbuster Warcraft®, StarCraft®, and Diablo® series, Blizzard has a history of crafting stunning worlds of science fiction and fantasy. The company’s distinctive gameplay and storytelling styles have captivated an international audience numbering in the tens of millions whose passion cannot be quelled.
Twenty years after Blizzard opened its doors, the company’s World of Warcraft® boasts the title of the world’s most popular subscription-based massively multiplayer online role-playing game, and the studio is widely recognized as one of the leaders in creatively driven game development.
An epic volume of art and behind-the-scenes insights, The Art of Blizzard® celebrates the studio’s genesis by examining the creative forces behind these games and showcasing their artistry through more than 700 pieces of concept art, paintings, and sketches. Commentary on the art is provided by Blizzard Entertainment’s own Nick Carpenter, Sam Didier, and Chris Metzen, who’ve each played important roles in shaping Blizzard’s game universes over the years.
- ↑ Medievaldragon. 2012-10-11. New York Comic Con 2012: Day One. Blizzplanet. Accessed 2012-10-17.
- ↑ The Art of Blizzard (Hardcover). Amazon. Accessed 2013-01-17.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Eldorian. 2012-06-27. The Art of Blizzard – To Be Released October 2012. Blizzplanet. Accessed 2012-06-30.
- ↑ Medievaldragon. 2011-10-17. The Art of Blizzard by Insight Editions. Blizzplanet. Accessed 2011-10-18.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. 2013-01-04. The Art of Blizzard Book Launch and Art Exhibition. Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed 2013-01-04.