|Publisher||Simon & Schuster (Pocket Star)|
Book 1: Firstborn
Book 2: Shadow Hunters
|Book 3: Twilight|
The Dark Templar Saga is a trilogy of books written by author Christie Golden. It details events in protoss history and serves as a prequel to StarCraft II storyline, setting up some plotlines and foreshadowing some of its events. It was written concurrently with the game's storyline.
- Sarah Kerrigan
- Arcturus Mengsk
- Valerian Mengsk
- Devon Starke
- Ethan Stewart
- Charles Whittier
- The Dark Templar Saga was originally said to take place in the fourth year after the Brood War, putting it many months or a year before StarCraft II. However, the timeline in StarCraft II: Heaven's Devils lists it as occurring in 2503. In regards to links to timeline articles, this wiki has gone with the '03 timeframe.
- Christie Golden described the first novel, Firstborn, as "kind of a thriller/action/mystery" novel and "Bladerunner meets Indiana Jones".
- Characters from the trilogy were originally going to feature in Legacy of the Void. However, their inclusion felt forced, and the idea was dropped. James Waugh has stated that the plot threads of the trilogy may be explored in the future, but not in Legacy of the Void itself.
- ↑ Metzen, Chris; Chambers, Andy; StarCraft Legacy staff. 2009-04-03. BlizzCon 2007 StarCraft Lore Panel Editorial. StarCraft Legacy. Accessed 2009-05-18.
- ↑ Chris Metzen, StarCraft Legacy staff. 2009-07-20 July 20, 2009 Metzen Interview. StarCraft Legacy. Accessed 2009-09-07.
- ↑ April 6, 2010. "Timeline". StarCraft II: Heaven's Devils. Simon & Schuster (Pocket Star). pp. 311 - 323. ISBN 978-1416-55084-6.
- ↑ Golden, Christie. 2006, December. What's New. Christiegolden.com Accessed 2007-09-07.
- ↑ 2006-09-23. Starcraft Trilogy: The Dark Templar pocketbook. Blizzplanet. Accessed 2007-09-08.
- ↑ 2008-12-09, Projects Updates #2: The Dark Templar Trilogy and Arthas. Christie Golden. Accessed on 2008-13-09
- ↑ 2015-05-22, BlizzCon 2014 – StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Overview Panel Transcript. Blizzplanet, accessed on 2015-05-23