The UED Naming Committee is apparently tasked with naming locations for the United Earth Directorate. it devised the name New Venice for an orbital space platform above Reynif II not wanting to have discussions into the weekend. The Surveyor-General was frustrated at their lack of creativity. He declared that "the next of these uninspired reports that comes across the desk of this office will be immediately rejected".
Known members include;
Naming New VeniceEdit
- (Mr. Johnson) Ok, ladies and gentlemen, we have been given the task of providing a name for the new orbital space station being built at Reynif II. We have been provided schematics of the station which I will put up on the holoprojector. Initial impressions?
- (Mr. Smith) It looks just like all the others - a big platform in space! I mean, come on, we keep getting these mundane assignments and it's getting harder and harder to come up with something memorable.
- (Mr. Johnson) Be that as it may, Mr. Smith, we still have a job to do. Thoughts?
- (Ms. Cole) Well... It has a lot of bridges.
- (Mr. Smith) Ha, So did ancient Venice -- but that doesn't help us much.
- (Mr. Johnson) Excellent idea Ed! New Venice it is, then.
- (Mr. Smith) What? Venice was a beautiful city of waterways, art, and romance. I don't see any of those things represented in the harsh architecture and brutish materials used to construct this station, Mr. Johnson. Why, we would be degrading and dishonoring a classic, nay a sacred icon of our Earth heritage!
- (Mr. Johnson) Well then, perhaps we'll have to work through the weekend on this one.
- (Mr. Smith) I guess I can go with New Venice.