Remember Me? Edit
Game Guides AppEdit
Wikia is excited to launch our Game Guides app very soon. The app features access to tens of thousands of wikis and their excellent content. As a popular wiki with a treasure trove of information, we think the Starcraft wiki would be a great candidate for one the first curated games on the app! But first, we need your help. The Game Guide apps thrives on excellent categorization and a little bit of admin curation. Visit this page to learn more about curating your presense on the Game Guide app: http://preview.mira-test.wikia.com/wiki/Help:GameGuide.
If you have any questions or need assistance curating the content for the app, please let me know and I will happily help you organize it. Just leave me a message on my talk page!
The 13th is definately an error. What comes from it being a Wednesday also on my wall calendar and editing late. Sorry about that, hopefully it can be corrected soon. As for the password, you can thank Zoar of SCLegacy for it, as per the thread in the forums.--Hawki (talk) 21:05, February 6, 2013 (UTC)
Heh. Even the "we have a feed" appeared on the feed.
But yeah, don't know anything about it either. Doesn't seem to be anything malicious about it though, so I wouldn't worry. Maybe it's a way for people to check up on changes without visiting the wiki itself or something.--Hawki (talk) 22:06, February 21, 2013 (UTC)
I've been using the feed for Special:RecentChanges for a few years to keep a vague eye on things so I don't have to keep refreshing a tab in the browser.
I use it in conjunction with a program that goes into the system tray; when new items appear, the system tray icon displays the number of new items.
When I started, the feed updated every few minutes (which was fantastic!). Now it seems to update every few hours; I guess the traffic must have too great.
Fan Fiction Deletion RequestEdit
The User:Xel-Hassodin has requested me to delete his articles from the Fan fiction site, but I am not an administrator. Could you or one of the other admin do this?
Blizzard Interview OpportunityEdit
Hey there Psi!
My name is Jorge and I am on Wikia's Community Development team. We recently got an opportunity from Blizzard to have the StarCraft wiki community's questions answered. Since blogs are not activated on this wiki, I went ahead and put the call for questions on Gaming.wikia. I just thought that I would notify you directly in case you have questions or want to feature the blog post in the news section of the mainpage. Unfortunately, with the release around the corner, Blizzard could only squeeze us in for tomorrow, so the faster the better.
Campign Units of HotSEdit
In the Template are present Swarm Larva and Larval Queen, but this 2 units don't exist in the campaign... and the Harpy in the game is called Locust, they are only simple flying Locust, if the Flying Locust are in the template all other "spawn units" of the campaign must be there (The little Roach and little Baneling (I don't remember they name, Torrasque's Cocoon ecc...), and I don't realy sure Brood Lord and Viper can be considered Campaign unit, because this unit exist in multyplayer, but in campaign are very different (Multy (Brood Lord (Corruptor evo), Viper (Larva evo, without attack), Campaign (Brood Lord (Muta evo), Viper (Muta evo, with air attack)) this you can decide, but Larval Queen, Swarm Larva don't exist O___o and Harpy must bw remove or must bee add the other campaign Spawn units.--PRISON KEEPER (talk) 16:20, April 7, 2013 (UTC)
- The swarm larva and larval queen can be removed. The harpy will still be called the harpy, it's distinct the way a zergling (raptor swarm) gets its own unit. The brood lord and viper links should go to the proper evolution page instead. The roachling will be added to. PSH aka Kimera 757 (talk) contribs) 23:55, April 7, 2013 (UTC)
- On a similar note to this, the StarCraft II maps template has Burning Rift, in both the ladder and other sections for two player maps, but everything in the article states it didn't make it into the final game. I mentioned this on the talk page for Burning Rift, but no one responded on the matter, though that doesn't surprise me since its very easy to never see something on a talk page. Zeta1127 of the 89th Legion (talk) 02:10, April 8, 2013 (UTC)
Question about portraits Edit
I found a portrait that I don't recognize, could you tell me what is it? I didn't found it on portraits...the... "snake marine" at the right side of Narud...
- I don't recognize it either. It's probably an unused portrait, or maybe a random officer who appears once in Heart of the Swarm. PSH aka Kimera 757 (talk) contribs) 11:11, April 19, 2013 (UTC)
- I guess you are right with it being an unused portrait, intriguing... I don't think is an officer tho, it's actually a snake, and not just a painting in the helmet, unless is an Easter Egg hiding in HotS... whatever be the case found it on another source, this time even less fitting  CombatMagic (talk) 12:21, April 19, 2013 (UTC)
Maybe its the leaked blizzcon potrait. Even i don't know know. Or maybe its a self made portrait by a fan. Or an unused beta potrait. I don't found it in the Galaxy editor so i think its self made.
Thunder Eagle (17:05, April 19, 2013 (EU time)
I recheck the source. And i think its the leaked blizzcon portrait. Alone that image is still available. All other around that site is death. (file not found it said)
Thunder Eagle (17:10, April 19, 2013 (EU time)
- if its not in the Galaxy Editor maybe its going to be available afterwards... I found it with the "view-source:" of Google Chrome, over an US player achievements page, if you have chrome I guess you can find it in the same way. If that helps or anything, but is possible that can keep being unused, I mean, in other of the images of the source I found an image of Nova too, obviously from WoL's Covert missions that was never used... CombatMagic (talk) 15:56, April 19, 2013 (UTC)
Trivia and BlogsEdit
Hey PsiSeveredHead i agree that much of the trivia i added to Yagdra's page was speculation. I just added a lot of text to the Ravasaur page and created a notes and trivia heading. If you want to feel free to check it out,however i did make sure that what i wrote is true. I accidently was logged in withanother account (larryiscool is an account of mine from another wikia)when i was editing the ravasaur page.
Good evening PsiSeveredHead. I am practicly done with editing my profile and i will soon start adding info to pages. From now on i,ll just contact you if you deem something worth to be called trivia. Tomorrow i will make a list of pages i,m planning on adding. They will mostly involve the primal zerg or organism's from Zerus cause i like them most.
Also the large adding to the primal zergling page a while ago by that wikia contributor at that time that was me.
One last question before i go. Do you have any tips for me on how to complete Phantoms of the void mission on hard difficulty ? Should i destroy the 3 xel naga crystals first so that kerrigan will be more efficiently be able to do that tug of war with narud ? Or should i focus on destroying those temples. Finally do you have advice on how i can get the no-toss achievement (=all protoss are turned into the spooky protoss ghosts on hard difficulty)--PrimalZergAlpha (talk) 21:18, April 23, 2013 (UTC)
I just created the page the first spawning pool. I gave a short history about how it was created by the xel naga how the first primal zerg evolved from it. I,m quite tired however so would you and those other page adders mind polishing it up a bit ? I didnt say Kerrigan spawned from it because it was a rebirth. Still she actually spawned from the pool dont you think ? I,m going to have some sleep now thank you in advance for completing my page. Kind regards --PrimalZergAlpha (talk) 22:11, April 28, 2013 (UTC)
Hey PsiSeveredHead. I,m currently busy with looking up my favorite quotes of the primal zerg. Could you check if that second one is correct about how Dehaka told kerrigan that the other pack leaders would not join her. I want that one to be exactly how they said it in the game cause i loved that one it was juicingly philosphical and i love those things. I have a heading with quotes it the second one. When i,m done you could probably pluck out every quote from all primal zerg characters. Do you like philosophy in your games ? --PrimalZergAlpha (talk) 21:27, April 24, 2013 (UTC)
- I'll check this weekend. Too busy before that. PSH aka Kimera 757 (talk) contribs) 01:20, April 25, 2013 (UTC)
- Raelcun's brutal playthrough Time: 5:31:45 to get to that specific quote of Dehaka. CombatMagic (talk) 05:33, April 25, 2013 (UTC)
StarCraft Beta Units Edit
- I may have to change the wording of the articles here. Unfortunately, I don't have a copy of the StarCraft I beta, so I can't check for myself. PSH aka Kimera 757 (talk) contribs) 23:00, April 26, 2013 (UTC)
Game Guides DisplayEdit
Hello again, as you may or may not know recently Wikia has released a new version of our Game Guides application on both the Apple Store and the Google Play store. We are hoping to target our audiences even further and try to bring this app more to their attention. For this reason, we have created a template promoting our application that we would like to place on your site with your permission of course. The template can be seen here (it shows what it would look like on both a light themed and dark themed wiki). The template would live in the upper-right column of this wiki, right below the advertisement. Please get back to me if it's ok to go ahead and enable this on here. - Wagnike2 (talk) 14:24, May 1, 2013 (UTC)
Hope and Vengeance Edit
you forgot to sign! Edit
HotS Achievements Edit
- That would be neat. I was trying to focus on the storyline stuff. PSH aka Kimera 757 (talk) contribs) 17:09, May 17, 2013 (UTC)
CharBox on Blizzard Personnel Edit
There is a point on creating a CharBox to every Blizzard employee? Most of the ones that don't have one are really short articles, with little to none info... is pointless? CombatMagic (talk) 17:28, May 17, 2013 (UTC)
Please, ban NinjagoAlpha... Edit
Ban this random guy Edit
Warn or ban this random guy adding quotes to the primal leaders, he doesn't reference them and the quotes are actually wrong. As a temporary "fix" I simply corrected the quotes I found but he keeps changing stuff around.--SoulFilcher (talk) 02:27, May 25, 2013 (UTC)
- I think those quotes should be erased, those are going to be added to section of Zerus Missions, Mission: Supreme (or something like that, I guess something like the quotes of WoL will be done) when the campaign quotes of HotS are done... CombatMagic (talk) 02:36, May 25, 2013 (UTC)
Weird request I know, but I recall on a talk page you had a link to a transcript of HotS dialogue. If this is the case, would you be able to provide me with the link? While I've played through HotS and still have it installed, a script (which I've so far been unable to find in a complete form) would make editing a lot easier.--Hawki (talk) 12:54, May 29, 2013 (UTC)
PSH, the Valkyrie appears in the Heart of the Swarm campaign, as a unit in With Friends Like These..., should it be still considered part of "Template:CancelTerran (StarCraft II)"? CombatMagic (talk) 21:35, May 29, 2013 (UTC)
- No, it and the star base should be removed from that template. (I saw the starbase, but I don't recall seeing any valkyries.) PSH aka Kimera 757 (talk) contribs) 21:41, May 29, 2013 (UTC)
- I checked all units and buildings in the mission, it's there... and I think the Star Base is very similar to the "Merc Starport" in the mission, but I'm not sure if they should be in the same page... CombatMagic (talk) 21:48, May 29, 2013 (UTC)
- CM is right - there's three types of fighter in that mission, Valkyries, Griffons, and tac fighters. That being said, I think it might be prudent for the Valkyrie of said mission to have its own page, given that it's a fighter (while the UED Valkyrie is a missile frigate), and acts and looks nothing like its BW counterpart. Similar in principle as to how the shuttles from the Kaldir missions should have a separate page from the regular protoss shuttle due to how different they are (and room for stats).--Hawki (talk) 22:04, May 29, 2013 (UTC)
Hey, senpai... check this video, some minor things can be noted, two dogs, Diamond, and Onyx, and a human, Maye, on the roach mission, a garrison called Wyld Wyngs on infested, 3 named prisoners on Conviction ("Gerdes, I.", "Sones, J.", "Adams, D.") ... CombatMagic (talk) 16:15, June 11, 2013 (UTC)
Simple Question Edit
Hi, just want to ask... how to add The Fragile Alliance to Renegade Broods - Zerg Broods/Organizations template?
--EthelioNeR 19:52, August 21, 2013 (UTC)
|Hello, PsiSeveredHead, you have new messages at Fleet Command's talkpage.|
Please reply there, feel free to delete this template once you've read it
- I'm open to suggestions to improve it, if you've any. I was gonna add a list of heroes, but maybe just linking to the assorted categories for hero units would be better? Drake Clawfang (talk) 02:41, October 7, 2013 (UTC)
Heroes of the Storm! Edit
That "Blizzard All-Stars" in the front page is killing me... <3 can you replace it please? :D I have to go now, there are some stuff still linking to Blizzard All-Stars, can you finish the job? ^_^
When the mods are sleep (or working) Edit
User:Jun1414... This guy... well... whatever... cleaned the mess already, hope he doesn't come back soon, you should ban him, and go to Category:Articles for deletion... finish the last steps? and maybe took a look to other pages that are unattended...
Regarding the Xel'Naga lockdownEdit
He wasn't "ignored" at all. He was presented with a perfectly polite and reasonable counter-argument to the disruptive edits he made. Locking down the article is draconian and disproportionate, and it speaks volumes about what sort of culture this Wiki seems to foster. Quite a welcome new editors who put time & effort into an article receive here, no? (Arshudar Al-Muhdarin (talk) 02:51, November 23, 2013 (UTC))
Digital 86 Edit
Very badly understand English. Show screenshot how to properly add images. I would be grateful.
25/01/14 All graphics I immediately put the license Blizzard. That not so?
26/01/2014 All taken from the official site: http://eu.battle.net/sc2/ru/game/ Well, even if not the source, but you specify the license, this isn't enough? Look at my add on another wiki, there's a lot of additions made. I was taught exactly add, not to violate any copyrights!
26/01/2014-1 I can further add pictures? Did not know or understand as you need. If I create problems for you, then I won't add. Like that better.
26/01/2014-2 That's nice, add. On my other wiki in cases with an unknown source, to always point the basic license that was enough
If you have the time, please see the talk page for Heroes of the Storm. Whatever decision is made, I want all the admins to be on the same page. Note that I'm also going to contact the admin of the HotS wikia.--Hawki (talk) 02:40, March 27, 2014 (UTC)
Hello. I would be happy to but I am not quite sure how. http://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/ua-plays-starcraft-ii.270603/page-33 Here is where I got the image. Jedijam91 (talk) 20:37, April 21, 2014 (UTC)
Mission Pages Edit
Why is it that the Starcraft 2 missions have pages dedicated to each mission and giving a walkthrough, while the original game and Brood War missions either redirect to a campaign page blurb or a story page of the mission's events? Drake Clawfang (talk) 06:00, April 27, 2014 (UTC)
- Raises a good point actually. What compounds the matter is that the citation index always links to the episode page rather than individually linking to the mission.
- Something I could see happening is the idea of main articles - ref index goes to the episode, main article focuses on the gameplay of the mission (similar to how some unit articles are divided). It saves us from having to rehaul refs and allows a gameplay focus to exist. In each of the six episode entries a main article link can exist to the mission.--Hawki (talk) 09:45, April 27, 2014 (UTC)
- Makes sense to me. If you wanted to create pages covering mission gameplay (I'm unfamiliar with how it would be preferred to be done), or direct me to articles that would be overhauled with such, I'd be available to fill in that issue. That was my interest in this in asking. :) Drake Clawfang (talk) 15:42, April 27, 2014 (UTC)
BlizzCon 2014 assets Edit
I'm in the process of uploading content we received from our press kit at BlizzCon. I'm attempting to be careful in checking duplicated files and whatnot, but wanted to give you a heads-up so you know what I'm doing ;) Raylan13 (talk) 00:35, November 15, 2014 (UTC)
- Additional assets have been uploaded to my profile page ;) It's not a ton; I figured I'd preserve the original file names. Anything you guys don't want to use/have no need for, feel free to delete! Raylan13 (talk) 22:32, November 15, 2014 (UTC)
Mohandar not confirmedEdit
I really appreciate the comment you added in my discussion with Hawki about policies on tactics articles. You mentioned that you may want my assistance with writing one; I'm definitely open to this. How would you like to proceed?
Also, I would like to make an update to the fan content policy, I do not believe it is clear enough on the concept of "fan fiction" vs opinion content on the core lore and gameplay of Starcraft.
Glenn Stafford pageEdit
I have more evidence then just those two. I actually am friends with Glenn Stafford himself on Twitter, and he confirmed it himself. I can give you the link to our tweets, if you want
- We had a similar problem with Zeratul's voice actor, who Blizzard said died, but someone saying he's his son-in-law said he's alive. If you can provide links to tweets to Stafford's Twitter account, that would count as proof, and we could use those links as references. If you show those links on the talk page, I can unlock his page and we can add that as proof. PSH aka Kimera 757 (talk) contribs 15:18, May 23, 2015 (UTC)
https://twitter.com/GlennLStafford/status/597138355302707200 here is the link to our conversation, which we are still having. It loads to the bottom of the page, and the real information is on the top MarKreationsStudios1 (talk) 01:24, May 24, 2015 (UTC)
Thanks! Also, he did compose in StarCraft II as well. And you don't have to look up that. His work is heard in the soundtrack of WoL and HotS, and his name is among the four composers that my ipod shows. MarKreationsStudios1 (talk) 15:11, May 25, 2015 (UTC)
Mission Pages Edit
- Oh? Where are they, I was looking for them. (EDIT - best I can find is pages for the Episodes with brief story summaries of each mission, and sometimes links to a separate article. It's all coverage from a story perspective though, no gameplay.)
- Also, would you be able to move my old userpage and talk at "Drake Clawfang" to my new name, please? Wikia changed my account name but didn't move the pages. DrakeyC (talk) 18:22, June 26, 2015 (UTC)
One thing to clear up immediately, some mission battles already have pages. Now, if a storyline battle takes place over several missions like Fall of Tarsonis, I'm gonna create the mission pages separately. But then there's pages like Battle of Backwater Station, which is confined to a single mission. Do you want me to create a separate page, or rename and retool the Battle page into a mission page? DrakeyC (talk) 00:08, June 27, 2015 (UTC)
- I think it's best to rename the lore articles to the mission articles and then structure them like SC2. However, a significant battle that takes place over several missions, like the Fall of Tarsonis or UED assault of Korhal, could probably keep their own articles. Also, events covered in novels, like say the revolt of Antiga via Liberty's Crusade, should remain separate, since looking at the subject simply from what happens in the games won't be adequate. DrakeyC (talk) 03:49, June 27, 2015 (UTC)
Added stuff to the canon policy concerning HotS, and created a people policy. Not sure how to treat e-sports players, but I've noticed the wiki's got a few. Anyway, thought it best to run both by you and get feedback.--Hawki (talk) 09:04, June 30, 2015 (UTC)
- Yeah, strategy is iffy, and I'm the last person to speak with any authority on multiplayer strategies. But the main issue is, IMO, how we decide who qualifies for inclusion with e-sports. I think creating an article for every e-sports player is a bit too inclusive, but I'm not sure where to draw the line.--Hawki (talk) 02:40, July 5, 2015 (UTC)
Hero Unit Tag Pages Edit
Copy and pasted from Hawki's talk.
- "Numerous unit pages are separated into the lore for the unit, and then that unit's gameplay stats in SC1 and SC2. Perhaps we could do the same for Heroes? Heroes like Fenix (Zealot and Dragoon), Zeratul, and maybe Samir Duran, we could separate their stats as different units or in different games easier, and especially for Raynor and Kerrigan, who have significantly different hero units with different abilities across the series, we could organize such data easier."
- Well, currently the hero templates are all clustered along the side of the page, or their stats across different missions are in one template with the stat changes individually labeled. IMO it looks a bit messy and confusing to readers who may not be sure which appearance is which. That each time they have different stats is the point. DrakeyC (talk) 23:17, July 11, 2015 (UTC)
Tinkering with templates Edit
At the moment I have developed some motivation for Wikia editing, and have taken the opportunity to tinker with templates.
I've implemented an improved Template:NavBox which does not have the problem with the cells not expanding to fill vertical space, while retaining the same flexibility of construction using nested templates. (You can see the test example here.) Even better: the upgrade can be done with barely (if any) changes to articles; the changes are in the CSS and the template pages.
I've also started experimenting with modular infoboxes, sort of like how Wikipedia does it. This goes some way in addressing my awkward - and extremely poor - method of stacking infoboxes atop each other to make one big infobox. (You can see that experiment in action here; look at the wiki markup to see what's going on there.) The bad news is upgrading the infoboxes will be rather more involved than upgrading the NavBoxes.
If there is an interest, I would be pleased devote some time into tinkering with the SC Wiki's templates and that sort of thing.
Re: Ma'lash Edit
Image Uploading Edit
I wanna upload a specific image - it's an image composited together from screenshots from Brood War, and will be to demonstrate "the player should do this at these specific locations." What should I name it and how should I categorize it? DrakeyC (talk) 15:56, July 18, 2015 (UTC)
- We actually don't have a strategy image name template. I think it's okay to use the map if they're all from the same map (eg MissionInQuestion SC-BW Strategy1.jpg), otherwise HowToBeatEpisodeIV SC-BW Strategy1.jpg. PSH aka Kimera 757 (talk) contribs 17:07, July 18, 2015 (UTC)
- Sounds good, if there's mass changed to be done and they're simple, I can set AWB to take care of it. I used it for a bot account on FFWiki, but getting it flagged as a bot here seemed a hoop to jump through via Wikia. DrakeyC (talk) 23:13, July 27, 2015 (UTC)
Re:Template Colors Edit
Went through the SC2 ability and upgrade templates and pretty much followed the color scheme already in place, just making it uniform. Campaign-exclusive stuff is blue and white for terrans, purple and white for zerg, and the limited campaign stuff we have for protoss so far is blue and white. Otherwise, default racial colors. If anyone wants the color scheme changed, it'll be easy to do.
At this point, any mess made with the mass overhaul to the templates should be cleaned up, I had all of them in my sandbox at some point and looked over them. DrakeyC (talk) 15:03, July 29, 2015 (UTC)
Concerning race template colours: I've started adding in a separate racecolor parameter. race will only be for determining icons and the text that appears in the box; race will still work with game for icons. This strips the lore-oriented information previously embodied in race and puts it into racecolor.
This should make it easier to expand the functionality of Template:ColorRace, by making it easier to add (and use) additional raceids. For example, I was thinking about adding a new raceid called ZergKerrigan (or whatever) to return that purple colour we're using for SC2:HotS campaign ability/upgrade boxes. Something similar could be done for WoL Raynor's Raiders terrans (which uses blue instead of terran grey.) - Meco (talk, contribs) 23:44, July 29, 2015 (UTC)
I've added a section on the Allied Commanders mode to the wiki's canon policy. While I'm uneasy as to how it fits into the overall narrative (e.g. whether LotV allows for all the characters to team up in the midst of the game's story at any moment), under the premise of "everything is canon bar mods/RPGs," then, IMO, it kind of makes it canon. On that note, I've drafted up a writing style policy to account for player choice in the missions. Thought it best to get your singoff of the policy.--Hawki (talk) 09:46, August 11, 2015 (UTC)
- I'm not entirely up to speed on AC (GamesCom's given me a lot to update on other wikis as well). Far as I understand, AC is a series of missions that always require two players to participate in, each choosing a different commander. However, I don't know if the missions have to be played sequentially/be unlocked, or are available from the outset in some form. While I've seen a reference that the mission "Tarsonis Train" is based on disrupting Amon's supply lines (a reference to LotV), I haven't seen any evidence of there being a connecting narrative akin to Enslavers.--Hawki (talk) 11:35, August 11, 2015 (UTC)
Hey, Psi, I was thinking about getting rid of most of the redirections to every singular AI achievements, also adding "Outmatched"'s achivs into "AI (achievement)" (with only a single redirection to it); and, in a similar fashion, getting all cooperative achievements into one article, including Race AI's ones (leaving a single redirect) and deleting the unnecessary redirects. The the customs and co op sections on the Achievement Template should look like this User:CombatMagic/Sandbox, instead of having a link for all the achievements. I don't think that most of them like "3v3 Stomp Coverage: Medium" have a lot of traffic anyway. Oh, and I notice there are achievements that are duplicated, being both on a page for themselves and in another for their group. I will add them later for deletion too. Hawki told me to ask you first. CombatMagic (talk) 04:29, August 25, 2015 (UTC)
StarCraft: Enslavers Edit
I am not sure why you treat me like a vandal (reverting with no edit summary) but can I attract your attention to POL:SPEC? If something is not allowed, then why am I not justified in removing it?
- "The zerg found Aiur through Zeratul, which is canon from three sources"
- Slightly but dangerously wrong! "Zerg" in this context means "the Zerg swarm under the Overmind". There are other zerg. (The most obvious, and irrelevant one, is the primal zerg that never found Aiur.) But this certain zerg cerebrate was under Schezar and had no Overmind connection.
- "There was nothing in any other source to ever indicate that some random cerebrate arrived on Aiur beforehand"
- There are two problems with this sentence:
- 1. Other sources may have not been interested in it. Argument from absence needs additional support. Otherwise, there are lots of things in StarCraft that only one source talks about.
- 2. The observation of "the Conclave still had some power" comes from the non-canonical ending. A non-canon source cannot be used to decide about the canon. And mind you, the Conclave still had some power well after Episode III.
- "Generally removing information gets treated harshly"
- "Harshly" is different from "like vandalism". At least you could have written a short edit summary. And you know POL:SPEC better than anyone else; if it is done according to the policy, then it needs no treating at all, be it harshly or gently.
I was wondering if you had an opinion on this site being included in the new gaming footers? We'd love for the StarCraft community to be included!
Allied Commanders Edit
The templates in Category:StarCraft_II_Allied_Commanders_ability_and_upgrade_boxes that are prefaced "SC2" need to be renamed to "AC" - Template:SC2ZagaraUnlockBileLauncher to Template:ACZagaraUnlockBileLauncher, for instance.
I realized I had named the initial wave of templates poorly when it came time to do Kerrigan's. Her Fury ability in Heart of the Swarm is named Template:SC2KerrFury, and under the name scheming I was using, her Fury ability in Allied Commanders would go at "SC2KerriganFury," not to mention if Artanis or Vorazun have abilities in LotV that they also have in AC. DrakeyC (talk) 14:50, October 12, 2015 (UTC)
Re: VA DescriptionsEdit
VA Descriptions Edit
The map editor has what seem to be script/production notes for the major characters. Like, Dehaka's profile has "Eager and not too bright. Loud, speaks in a yell." and Izsha is "Very organized and intelligent, but also very sly and aware of the political ramifications going on around her. When she means business, she sounds no-nonsense. When she is politicking or engaging in dark humor, she has a slightly more playful air." The notes don't match up with the final personalities well, but I'm wondering if these are things we'd be interested in adding to the articles anyway. DrakeyC (talk)
This user has been persistently stalking me across several wikis, pestering me to no end despite my requests and warnings for him to stop. I wanted to ask if something might be done to prevent him from messaging me on this wiki. Lord Galvatron Do you hear the voices too? 16:29, October 21, 2015 (UTC)
If any of the new Tal'darim unit images are inadequate, just let me know and I'd be happy to get better ones. :) I uploaded the HotS ones as one image, since the only difference is color scheme and the models are otherwise identical, but I can get them separate easily enough if preferred. DrakeyC (talk) 02:25, October 28, 2015 (UTC)
Image Moves Edit
Hello. If you please, there's a few images I need moved; I got sloppy with my uploading.
- File:BrothersInArms SC2-LotV Icon3.jpg needs to moved to "File:SkyShield SC2-LotV AchieveIcon3.jpg"
- File:SkyShieldForAiur SC2-LotV Icon2.jpg needs to moved to "File:SkyShield SC2-LotV AchieveIcon2.jpg"
- File:SkyShieldSC2-LotVIcon1.jpg needs to moved to "File:SkyShield SC2-LotV AchieveIcon1.jpg"
- File:TempleOfUnificationd SC2-LotV AchieveIcon2.jpg to "File:TempleOfUnification SC2-LotV AchieveIcon2.jpg"
- File:ForAiur SC2-LotV Mastery.jpg to "File:ForAiur SC2-LotV MasteryAchieveIcon.jpg"
Also, I was advised to ask for rollback rights, perhaps. I've no interest in being Admin (site doesn't seem to get much vandalism so I see little need for another one), but being able to move images would make some of my work easier, if it's cool by you. DrakeyC (talk) 03:54, November 20, 2015 (UTC)
- Hm, yeah, it seems imaging moving isn't granted to mods. My mistake, I guess rights are distributed differently to users here. Oh well, no big deal, no rush to get them moved. Thanks, though. :) DrakeyC (talk) 16:06, November 20, 2015 (UTC)
Article Question Edit
LotV has two buildings called "Void Crystal," but they are entirely different buildings used in different missions. Should I tag them by the mission name, or put them on one page and separate them on it? DrakeyC (talk) 17:45, November 25, 2015 (UTC)
- Yeah, on my Hard playthrough I experimented more, but base campaign, broken units are broken. Try out the Tal'darim Mothership sometime; it's ridiculously expensive, but very awesome.
Just cite the reference? I thought you needed to also add the new references to the actual page itself before you could cite it, and that's my difficulty at the moment, especially with these new wiki interfaces that don't follow the same format requirements as is the case with a pages citation/reference section whenever I actually try TO add a new source. --KrimzonStriker (talk) 23:45, November 27, 2015 (UTC)
- Alright then, I'll keep that in mind. Last two questions, given the ability to choose the order for the campaign what are the specific numbers assigned to each mission from which I'm to cite? And the second is how I add to the info/state box, as I wish to put the mission overlay stats to the Slayn page info box, but it's missing the Satellite category unlike a lot of other planet pages.--KrimzonStriker (talk) 00:24, November 28, 2015 (UTC)
Hello. I remember I was made moderator before so I could move images, except that wasn't part of mod rights on this wiki. Apparently Wikia has introduced a new staff ranking, Content Moderator, which does. Could I be moved to that position, please?
Page Splits Edit
In the vein of Ghost, High Templar, Dark Templar, etc, I would like to split these pages unto the parent for the unit lore, and then tagged SC1 or SC2 for the game-specific units, for units that appear in both. Am I good to go for that? DrakeyC (talk) 20:09, April 3, 2016 (UTC)
- Pages like Goliath would see their unit info moved around like Marine. I'm not precisely sure which pages are split and which are not, but any page like the Goliath, where the unit has unit info for both games, would be split.
- As for promotion, I'm an Admin now, so don't worry. I think the content manager would be a demotion, actually. :p DrakeyC (talk) 23:41, April 3, 2016 (UTC)
A concern. Legacy of the Void and (I believe) Co-op and Covert Ops add the flying Queen back. So with the SC2 land based Queen and the SC2 aerial Queen together, how should they be tagged? DrakeyC (talk) 22:01, April 5, 2016 (UTC)
- So the flying SC2 Queen would go at "Queen (Classic)" with the SC2 ground Queen at "Queen (StarCraft II)"? DrakeyC (talk) 02:22, April 6, 2016 (UTC)
- Agreed. My only other idea would be to tag the flying queen "Legacy of the Void" (since they only appear there). DrakeyC (talk) 03:16, April 6, 2016 (UTC)
A minor thing. I'm looking at the game for dummied content and am finding a lot of buttons for incomplete abilities, particularly for heroes. Artanis for example has buttons for abilities called Super Psionic Storm, Temporal Field, Inspire, and Psionic Shockwave, but it's just buttons. For hero-type units like that, is it worth noting in a Development section? DrakeyC (talk) 19:35, April 6, 2016 (UTC)