Warp blades are powerful Nerazim melee weapons.
The origins of the warp blade lie on the xel'naga ship the Nerazim departed Aiur in. Gaining access to new knowledge, the Nerazim used the psi-blade as a template to forge an instrument with which to shape their burgeoning psionic ability, and infuse it with Void energy. Warp blades are more powerful than psi-blades, and react to the user's strength of will, turning centuries of discipline and training into a powerful weapon. Further iterations on its design yielded scythe-like blades, which helped diversify the combat style of the Dark Templar. These warp scythes are wielded by the Zer'atai, while the Lenassa favor "wickedly curved" warp blades.
Warp blades are able to parry psi-blades, and be parried in turn. After the severing of his nerve chords, Artanis demonstrated the ability to wield a warp and psi blade in tandem. Tassadar also demonstrated to ability to wield both a warp and psi blade in tandem after learning how to harness Void energy from Zeratul.
- The single-blade design was originally intended for Zeratul's character only, but due to time constraints, the same unit design was used for all dark templar in StarCraft: Brood War.
- StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void: Reclamation depicts Nerazim using the warp blade prior to their banishment from Aiur, contradicting unit information which states that they only gained access to the technology after leaving the planet.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 2015-04-09, Dark Templar Science. Blizzard Entertainment, accessed on 2015-04-11
- ↑ Underwood, Peter, Chris Metzen and Bill Roper. StarCraft: Brood War (Manual). Irvine, Calif.: Blizzard Entertainment, 1998.
- ↑ Xordiah. 2009-01-08. Vote for Your Favorite StarCraft II Dark Templar. Battle.net StarCraft II General Discussion Forum. Accessed 2009-01-98.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment staff. 2009-01-08. Dark Templar Vote: Decide Which Clan Wins the Battle. Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed 2009-01-08.
- ↑ 2014-11-07, StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void - Oblivion. YouTube, accessed on 2014-12-02
- ↑ 2008-05-02. BlizzCast: Taking You Deeper into the World of Blizzard: Episode I. Blizzard Entertainment. Accessed 2008-01-10.
- ↑ Didier, Samwise. The Art of StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm (hardcover). Blizzard Entertainment, March 12, 2013.
- ↑ (September 25, 2015) Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void: Reclamation lore video (in English).